Burdock Group’s IFT 2021 Student Scientific Award applications are open to qualified full-time graduate students attending the IFT21 virtual event. The Student Scientific Award is designed to partially defray expenses for attendance at IFT21 and encourage student excellence in areas of ingredient toxicology, safety, and regulations. The winning student will be presented with the award for the Toxicology and Safety Evaluation Division (TASED).
- $1000 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or awards
- An engraved plaque commemorating the event
- A ticket to the Food Laws & Regulations, Toxicology & Safety Evaluation and Quality Assurance Divisions joint event, where the awards will be presented
Submission documents to include:
- A brief essay describing student’s interest/focus in toxicology and the safety evaluation of food or food ingredients, or regulations as appropriate (approximately 250 words).
- A letter from a faculty member indicating that the student has taken or will be taking courses having to do with food safety or food science (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post-doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- Proof of full-time graduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- Attendance at IFT21 Annual Meeting required (IFT membership is not required) to accept the award (in person or virtual).
- Student grants permission for his/her image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
Submit applications to: Tatiane Berdum, firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Friday, June 4, 2021