Burdock Group’s IFT 2020 Student Travel Award applications are open to qualified full-time graduate students attending IFT20 in Chicago, Illinois. The student travel award is designed to finance travel expenses to IFT20 and encourage student excellence in areas of ingredient toxicology, safety and regulations. One student will be presented an award for the Toxicology and Safety Evaluation Division (TASED).
- $1000 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards
- An engraved plaque commemorating the event
- Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons textbook
- A ticket to the Food Laws & Regulations, Toxicology & Safety Evaluation and Quality Assurance Divisions joint event, where the awards will be presented
Submission documents to include:
- A brief essay describing student’s interest/focus in toxicology and the safety evaluation of food or food ingredients, or regulations as appropriate (approximately 250 words).
- A letter from a faculty member indicating that the student has taken or will be taking courses having to do with food safety or food science (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post-doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- Proof of full-time graduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- Attendance at IFT20 Annual Meeting required (IFT membership is not required) to accept the award in person
- Student grants permission for his/her image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
Submit applications to: Tatiane Berdum, email@example.com
DEADLINE: Friday, June 5, 2020