The Burdock Group performs safety and risk assessments for foods, human food and animal feed ingredients (including pet food), dietary supplements, cosmetics and product contaminants for our clients, many of whom are listed in the Fortune 500. Senior members of the group also perform efficacy assessments for potential product claims and provide regulatory advice. Burdock Group is in search of an experienced scientist to join our Group*; experience in metabolism and/or DABT are pluses. Routine duties associated with this position consist of communicating scientific and risk evaluations necessary to determine the safety-in-use of substances. Demonstration of a strong writing skill is a requirement. Because this is a niche area, on-the-job training is anticipated, but analytical thinking and problem solving skills are valued above all.
- PhD (in Toxicology or Pharmacology). Other life science degrees eligible, but must possess a DABT. DVM and MD degrees are invited to apply.
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience.
- Must live in Orlando, Florida or be willing to relocate (this is not an offer for telecommuting).
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess an ability to problem solve.
- Interpret animal and clinical data from the scientific literature and studies managed by Burdock Group then apply the data and principles found to the project at hand.
- Communicate clearly and persuasively both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Consistent performance at the highest scientific levels with minimal oversight.
- Exhibit transparency in decision-making, communication, and commitment to quantifiable business goals through accountability.
- Demonstrate past success in meeting deadlines while working as part of a team.
- Base salary plus merit bonus, vacation and sick leave, health insurance, 401K, moving allowance.
- Significant opportunities for publication.
- Participation in professional societies is encouraged.
- Excellent training program in food and feed ingredient and dietary supplement toxicology and regulation.
- Florida has no income tax on personal earnings, so you keep more of what you earn.
This is an opportunity to work with the most respected, successful and most published of any food ingredient/ dietary supplement consulting company in the world. Be a part of a growing company. Check out our website! (You will not be required to make sales calls, we have professionals for that task.) Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, CV and salary requirements.
*If you are employed by a client of Burdock Group or a company with which Burdock Group has a “No Hire” agreement within the last two years, you are not eligible for employment at Burdock Group.