The award will be provided to a qualified full-time graduate student attending the 2017 56th SOT Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Baltimore, Maryland with research interests in the toxicology of food and food ingredients. Students early in their graduate training who have not attended an SOT Annual Meeting are particularly encouraged to apply.
Submission documents to include:
- A very brief essay discussing the student’s research and training and how it related to food safety/toxicology (1/2 page or less)
- A letter from the major professor (advisor) or Department Chairman, indicating the student is enrolled and in good standing in a masters or doctoral training program in toxicology or related program (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post-doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- The student and/or major professor should be current members of SOT’s Food Safety Specialist Section (FSSS).
- A list of any other travel award(s) received for this meeting or previous meetings.
- The awardee must be present at the FSSS meeting to accept the award in person and grants permission for his/her image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
Winner receives: Up to $600 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards. Winner will also receive a recognition plaque commemorating the event. There may be multiple winners each year, but awards for each winner are limited to $600.
Contact: Alexandra Smyth, Marketing Coordinator, email@example.com
DEADLINE: Friday, February 3, 2017
Tags: SOT, Student Travel Award