The student travel award is designed to finance travel expenses to IFT17 in Las Vegas and encourage student excellence in the areas of ingredient toxicology, safety and regulations.
Winners will be presented with:
- An award of up to $500 to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards
- A copy of Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons, Eighth Edition
- An engraved plaque commemorating the event at the Food Laws & Regulations and Toxicology & Safety Evaluation Divisions Luncheon & Presentation on Monday, June 26th from 12:15 PM – 1:45 PM* (luncheon ticket is provided by Burdock Group)
To be considered for the award, student must submit the following items (via e-mail if possible) by June 9, 2017:
- Proof of full-time graduate or undergraduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- A letter describing their interest in toxicology and the safety evaluation of food or regulations as appropriate (approximately 250 words).
- A letter from a faculty member indicating that they have taken or will take courses having to do with food ingredient safety.
*Attendance at IFT Annual Meeting Required. Previous winners and post-doctoral students are not eligible. IFT membership is not required.
Submit applications to:
Fax: 407-802-1405Tags: IFT, Student Travel Award