Burdock Group’s SOT Student Travel Award applications are open to a qualified full-time graduate and undergraduate student attending the SOT 59th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Anaheim, California (March 15-19, 2020) with research interests in the toxicology of food and food ingredients. Students early in their graduate training who have not attended an SOT Annual Meeting are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Up to $1000 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards.
- Recognition plaque commemorating the event.
- Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons textbook.
Submission documents to include:
- A very brief essay discussing the student’s research and training and how it related to food safety/toxicology (1/2 page or less)
- A letter from anyone in the toxicology department, indicating the student is enrolled and in good standing in a masters or doctoral training program in toxicology or related program (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post-doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- A list of any other travel award(s) received for this meeting or previous meetings.
- Proof of full-time graduate or undergraduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- The awardee must be present at the FSSS meeting to accept the award in person and grants permission for his/her image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
Submit applications to: email@example.com
DEADLINE: Thursday, February 20, 2020Tags: Student Travel Award