Burdock Group is now accepting SOT 2019 Student Travel Award applications from qualified full-time graduate and undergraduate students with research interests in the toxicology of food and food ingredients who are attending the SOT 58th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in Baltimore, Maryland. Students early in their graduate training who have not attended an SOT annual meeting are particularly encouraged to apply.
The award winning student will receive:
- Up to $1,000 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards;
- Recognition plaque commemorating the event; and
- Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons, 9th Edition textbook.
Submission documents are to include:
- A brief essay that discusses the student’s research and training and how it related to food safety/toxicology (1/2 page or less).
- A letter from a toxicology department staff member indicating the student is enrolled and in good standing in a master’s or doctoral training program in toxicology or related program (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post-doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.
- A list of any other travel award(s) received for this meeting or previous meetings.
- Proof of full-time graduate or undergraduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient).
- The awardee MUST be present at the FSSS meeting to accept the award in person and grants permission for their image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
Submit applications to Elizabeth Acosta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019