Burdock Group’s SOT Student Travel Award applications are open to a qualified full-time graduate and undergraduate students attending the SOT 57th Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in San Antonio, Texas, with research interests in the toxicology of food and food ingredients. Students early in their graduate training who have not attended an SOT Annual Meeting are particularly encouraged to apply.
The award winner shall receive the following:
- Up to $600 per student to cover meeting expenses not met by other funding or travel awards;
- Recognition plaque commemorating the event; and
- Casarett & Doull’s Toxicology: The Basic Science of Poisons, Eighth Edition textbook, in which Dr. Burdock co-authors the chapter on Food Toxicology.
Submission documents to include:
- A very brief essay discussing the student’s research and training and how it related to food safety/toxicology (1/2 page or less);
- A letter from anyone in the toxicology department, indicating the student is enrolled and in good standing in a master’s or doctoral training program in toxicology or related program (and not possessing another doctoral level degree). Post-doctoral trainees are not eligible, nor are previous awardees.;
- A list of any other travel award(s) received for this meeting or previous meetings;
- Proof of full-time graduate or undergraduate status (scanned copy of student ID is sufficient); and
- The awardee must be present at the FSSS meeting to accept the award in person and grant permission for their image to appear in the Burdock Group newsletter and/or marketing materials.
Submit applications to: Rosalind Rivera, firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: Thursday, February 15, 2018Tags: Student Travel Award